Saturday, May 31, 2014

Shabby Artsy Card

Saturday, May 31, 2014


So here I am again, trying my hand at this blogging for the second time.  I'm entering a few more of my cards that I worked on Friday.  I will try several challenges; a lot of work for a first timer! Excuse me if I don't use proper blogger etiquette, but I will do my best.

I am entering this piece in the  Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Artsy Stamp-- .   I am also entering it in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes.


For the background I used Tim Holtz Regal Flourishes Texture Fade, painted with white acrylic paint and dried.  Used blending tool to apply Broken China Distress Ink and palette knife to apply gold Distress paint to raised areas.

Doily: Peeled Paint Distress Ink and Gold Distress Paint.

Stamped Art definition (unknown origin) with Pumice Stone Distress Ink on white panel.  Overstamped with Outlines daisy image with Versamark and  embossed with clear embossing powder.  Painted flowers with Gelatos and wiped off excess from embossed areas with baby wipe.  Highlighted  image with Sharpie pen.  Spritzed completed panel with Perfect Pearl mist and edge in gold leaf pen.  Wrapped panel with sparkly blue cord and backed with hand made gold paper.  Added Time Holtz Words Remnant Rubs "FLY" and a butterfly from Michaels that I altered with Gold Stickles and Broken China Distress Stain.  Panel popped off background.

This is my shabby side.

5 comments:

  1. A beautifully created card Sara, very artistic with gorgeous colours. A lovely image and a stunning butterfly!!!

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so gorgeous. Love your beautiful color scheme and texture. The stamped image is fabulous. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely mix of colors and design! Beautiful butterfly and the doily is such a pretty backdrop. Pretty Pretty card! Thanks for playing along with us this week in the Artsy challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! Wonderful textured background and butterfly. Gorgeous colours. Thank you so much for sharing another project with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! The butterfly is pretty and the embossed background looks amazing. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.