Monday, December 4, 2017

My Christmas Wish 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style Week 3

Hello friends and welcome!  Can you believe we are already 4 days into December? Where did November go? I'm slowly getting through Linda's (Funkie Junkie) 12 Tags of Christmas challenge and loving every minute of it! I sure hope I'm not boring you with all these Christmas cards!


 The 12 week challenge is super easy to complete--if you're driven, you might even be able to start today and get 'er done! The rewards are numerous--you get your Christmas cards done, and if you complete the challenge and follow the simple guidelines, you will be in the draw to win one of three GENEROUS shopping sprees to The Funkie Junkie Boutique, who is sponsoring this event. EVERYONE who completes the challenge and follows the guidelines receives a 10% discount on their January order at the shop!


 Although I was inspired by the diagonal bright red stripes, festive Fluted Stars and Christmas fringe on Linda's sweet candy cane tag, I was a little stumped by this one. Well, a lot stumped, since I didn't have that stencil and a couple of trials using what I did have were tossed in the trash. I started this third design by using Tim's Christmas Kraft stock, since it already had some of those candy cane prints, but I wanted something brighter (or so I thought) for this card to be more like Linda's jolly tag HERE. So I dipped into my old Christmas stash and used Tim's old Merriment paper stash. Even though the stripes aren't diagonal, I thought if I rolled the paper, some of them would be slanting.

I chose one of Tim's Christmas ephemera pieces for my sentiment and colored the berries and holly loosely with Distress ink, water pen and Distress markers and added Stickles to the berries on the ephemera and also to the die cut berries.


 I love the Christmas fringe and Fluted Stars Tim came out with this year! I colored mine with Watermelon and Mercury Glass alcohol inks.


Linda carries some gorgeous lace in her shop, and I chose this lovely Venice Lace which I colored with Antique Linen Distress spray stain. The poinsettia is a combination of several from my stash, the red one colored to match the paper.


The rolled paper makes this a little fat to send through the regular mail, but that's OK. I think this will be hand delivered to my daughter, who loves horses.

Yep! You might see the spider web-bie wrap on our Christmas tree in the photos. It's still wrapped up from the tree lot and sitting in a bucket of water. Since I'm terribly allergic, we hose it down everyday for a week or so before bringing it in the house.

I'll be sharing with these challenges:
SumMore Fun Mood Board #16 I was inspired by the photo with the cinnamon stick and the one with the lantern (rustic) as well as the theme, Let it Snow.
Country View Challenges December 2017 - Christmas Well, I have the red and the green this time!
Word Art Wednesday Anything Goes - Challenge #310 - #311
Dies R Us Challenge #86 - Christmas Carols 'Jingle Bells' "One horse open sleigh!"
Noor Design December Challenge.... Anything Goes
Die Cut Divas Winter Time

Thank you for your visit today and for all your lovely comments! I sure do appreciate them and I'm really enjoying repaying the visits and seeing all your wonderful artwork! If I haven't been by lately, be assured it won't be long!
Hugs and Blessings!
Sara Emily

I've used the following products, which can be purchased at The Funkie Junkie Boutique:

25 comments:

  1. What a totally amazing version of Linda's candy cane tag! You captured the main design with the fantastic candy cane stripes, but then you added some really amazing elements and created a Christmas masterpiece! Love that old vintage image, and the Special Delivery sign is a perfect fit! The hand dyed lace is exquisite and your sentiment wreath cut out is amazing! Love the snowflakes, love the little tickets, love love love!! A fantabulous take on the original design!! sending hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a FABULOUS creation ... love all the festive elements and the image is awesome! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Christmas Carols’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing, I love that rolled paper element!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An amazing card. All the elements fit perfectly and I love the charm the card has. What a gift the person will receive when you give them this card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so stunning, Sara Emily!! I love those stripes and the rolled paper!! How clever!! The details you added are amazing!! The vintage image is fabulous and I love the pretty trim and snowflakes!! Gorgeous, my friend!! I love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your version of Linda's tag, it is bright and cheery, just what we need on these gloomy days, your design is so clever - I love that roll!! The AI on the fluted stars looks amazing!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I just love it SE! This is fantastic and that rolled paper is the coolest! This really jumped out at me in a couple link ups and is even more impressive on your post. A lovely design. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm never bored with Christmas cards! This card is so wonderfully bright and festive, Sara Emily. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a Fantastic Card! LOVE the layers and details! Thanks for playing along with us over at SumMore Fun Stamps! We hope you can join us with more Challenges! Have a great Day!

    Theresa (SumMore Fun DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another gorgeos creation Sara, I just love the rolled paper detail, it's just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your version of Linda's tag and the rolled-up paper with the fringe on top - so cool! The red fluted stars are so pretty on the snowflakes and you did a great job combining all of the elements together to make an awesome card that your daughter will love. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your daughter is gonna love this card Sara xx It so fabulous with lots to see but like everyone I love that rolled paper xx

    Sending best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Sara!!! What a great interpretation of Linda's original tag!!! The rolled paper is a brilliant idea!!! Thank you for joining the December challenge of the Country View Challenges! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute card for the Challenge at SumMoreFun Challenge, thank you for joining us. I look forward to seeing more of your entries. MaryAnn DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Holy Cow, this card is a WORK OF ART! It's so amazing! Thanks for sharing and for joining us at SumMore Fun! Can't wait to see what you make next; please join us again! ~DT Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness! What a gorgeous card! Thank you so much for joining our challenge at SumMore Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all your layers and colors, such a fabulous card. Thank you for joining us at SumMore Fun ~DT Heather

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a neat card. Love all the layers. Thank you for joining in our challenge over at SumMoreFun! Please be sure to join us again. SumMoreFun DT-Amy

    ReplyDelete
  19. I thought the last one was great Sara Emily but this one, oh my, it really is so up my street. I'm a real sucker for the red and white at Christmas and you got that and more on this. Love, love, love! Have fun with your tree Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just love your alternative take on the candy stripes - your rolled canvas awning looks simply splendid over the vintage image - it's a brilliant card!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, be still my heart! Your gorgeous creation has everything that I love from the beautiful red stripes to the vintage ephemera to the Venise lace and winding up with the fluted stars. What an incredible job you did of blending them all together. The results are seriously sensational. The rolled awing is positively a show stopper. Thank you so much for sharing this with my visitors!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love all the details..so pretty!Thanks for joining us at Dies R Us!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous details, so much to look at! Many thanks for sharing with us at Country View Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this make! Absolutely perfect!!
    Merry Christmas!
    Sandy Claus xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Christmas! WOW WOW WOW!What an amazing card! I love it! Thank you for taking part in Noor Design U.K. December Challenge! Elena DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.